Thursday, April 22, 2010

Page Update

Worked for a good while on website today. Based everything on the concept map. My thought is we go in and explain each of the things entered. use Wikipedia or any source, write a description, hyperlink word with site from where you got info. example, I do tornadoes and i got my info from wiki. I highlight Tornado with my mouse, like you were going to change it to bold or something. Leave it highlighted and go up to link in the tool bar. then go to the web-address option and put the www.whatever in there. then select open another window at bottom and hit ok. Do the same with any pics you put in. Click on the image once you have put it in. make sure there is not a blinking line on side of picture, if so click on pic until it's gone. Also make sure you have your picture where and how you want it, i.e. text wrap on/off or size of pic. So back to click on pic the go to link in tool bar and enter in web-address, the actual site it came from not the just image page, actually in the original website. Kim the intro pic with the four squares, you need to do that with that pic. hope this makes sense. Then we will plug in our lessons and things into there appropriate topics. I don't want to do anything on the book or big bang or intro. I can do tools and the larger topics if you ladies want. Doesn't matter. Feel free to change anything. This setup was just meant to give us a solid foundation now we need to just customize it. I won't be back on until tomorrow(Friday night). Let me know any comment or concerns. Later

5 comments:

  1. I have not looked at website yet but yes my concern is do not use wikipedia as a source. I have been told by too many teachers not to use b/c it is not reliable. I am sure it is the same thing for the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whatever, was just an example. we need to realize we're not going to be able to all be logged onto the site at the same time. If ones on there the other two can't do anything. I have tonight, tomorrow before 4, and sunday after 5 to work on it. otherwise i'm working. let me know of any conflicts. and is amanda still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am still alive, I am actually with Kim trying to get the page done right now. Hopefully we can get all of this figured out. When I tried to do the page Tuesday, I could not figure out how to post anything. Now that Kim and I are together, I am sure we can collaborate our ideas and get them posted so you can see them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, just checking:) let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been working on the pages. We will have three pages a piece with the big bang and intro included. I have done the big bang, weather tools, and fronts. Kim has finished air pressures and is finishing storms and intro. I need you to link your podcast to the big bang theory to part 3. I did this by going into elearning, going to assignments, then submissions, clicking on submission of collaborated podcast, right clicking on the file and selecting copy shortcut. Go to edit the big bang page and highlight part 3. Then go to insert and click on link. Go to the second option to enter web URL, paste the shortcut there then click ok. If you want, you can just email it to me at amanda.f.carper@gmail.com and I can try to put it in there for you. The last three pages that need finishing up are heat, humidity, and wind. If you need help on any of these subjects let me know because I have a large textbook on them. Kim has her lesson plan on temperature tracking that would go in the heat and I added my lesson plan on relative humidity to the humidity page. We need to get both of your lesson plans, epals, and google maps in there somewhere too. Let me know what you think :-)

    ReplyDelete